Sunday, November 4, 2012

Beef Tagine with Okra and Butternut Squash Gratin

Beef Tagine with Okra and Tomatoes: I got this recipe from a Moroccan cook book and it's fabulous. The flavor of the spices with the beef is just mouth watering. However, don't make the mistake I did: (I read the recipe as 2.5 inch cubes of beef, rather than 2.5 cms of beef, so it took four hours instead of 2 for the beef to break down and become tender. oops!) Anyway, when it finally finished cooking, it was delicious... if a little watery for some reason. Also, I added some jalapenos and an extra cinnamon stick for spice and flavor. Here's the recipe:

Butternut Squash Gratin: I've been making this recipe for years now, and it's amazing every time. It's delicious for fall. The only part I do differently, is add a bit of garlic to the butternut squash before roasting, and then I add few dashes of nutmeg and cayenne to the cream sauce for the spinach mixture. Oh, and there are a few typos in this recipe: obviously, "pond" is supposed to be "pound".

Beef! It's what's for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment