Monday, October 22, 2012

Salmon Chowder with Artichoke Heart and Asparagus Salad


Salmon Chowder: I love this this soup. It's a variation on the traditional clam chowder, and it makes a wonderful change. So so so good with some crispy sourdough bread. I pretty much followed this recipe except that I used 1 6.5 oz can of red salmon, and 4oz smoked salmon. Fresh salmon is obviously good as well, but this is cheaper, and the taste of the smoked salmon makes it incrediballs!  I swear, you won't regret this shit like you did that questionable one night stand with the lazy eyed dude who asked you to 'be quiet so you don't wake his hamster.'

Artichoke Heart and Asparagus Salad: Got this recipe from a Tapas book, and while sometimes simpler is better, I found it slightly lacking in flavor so added some fresh Thyme and some chopped candied walnuts. Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment